Sign up for HIWA in August!
Kia ora, Kia orana, Talofa lava, Mālō e lelei, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Bula Vinaka and a warm Pacific welcome to one and all!
9 steps to HIWA launched on Tuesday 2 June 2020 with women from Vanuatu, Fiji, Samoa and Aotearoa.
August applications are now open
HIWA is 100% online. A 9 week e-coaching, e-mentoring, e-commerce self-development programme for Indigenous Women, Women of the land, Tangata Whenua who want to start and launch their online e-commerce business.
We serve Māori and Pacific women in Aotearoa and across the Pacific in partnership with Shopify. And you can join us from anywhere in the world.
HIWA descends from the celestial goddess Hiwa-i-te-rangi. HIWA is the star that Māori send their dreams and aspirations to in the hope that they will be realised.
What are your Pacific stories of the stars, the moon and the universe? Through HIWA we welcome your ancestral knowledge, your cultural worldview and your baskets of knowlege to the programme.
Meet our team of Māori and Pacific facilitators, trained coaches, mums, business owners and so much more. Hinemoa, Amy, Jackie and Pania will coach and support you.
Our vision is to see 100,000 Indigenous women and their families thrive through entrepreneurship and ecommerce by 2025.
9 reasons to take action today:
- Indigenous-led - we respect and value our traditional practices and protocols, as Māori and Pacific Island women we will create our own 'ways of working' through a process we call Kotahitanga
- Professionalism - 65 hours of coaching and mentoring from our team of women from Aotearoa and the Pacific who are professionally trained to do this work.
- Clairity - 9 week step-by-step process to what success is for you, your family, your community, your nation and maybe even the world
- Competency - 9 low-tech steps to setting up your online store. Inez brings the Wahine Toa 'Nitro' and kaha you need to get started and get paid! Plus more Shopify and ecommerce experts to fill your overflowing baskets of knowledge
- Courage - 9 group super coaching sessions with HIWA and Rise2025 Founder, Rachel Petero who will support you to work through any mindset or business challenges, fears, limiting beliefs and self-confidence barriers that get in the way of you achieveing your HIWA dreams and aspirations
- Community - Your HIWA support network of like-minded women who champion and celebrate your success and your fail fast moments, failure is celebrated here, we believe there is no such thing as failure there is only feedforward to what you can do better next time
- Resources - you will receive the step-by-step HIWA workbook with the models and tools we share as you build an ecosystem to sustain, grow and build trust with your online audience in order to be of service and sell online
- Wahine Toa - you will hear from a diverse range of women in ecommerce and experts in their fields who have achieved their success and continue to shoot for the stars
- Knowledge - you will receive traditional and innovative knowledge from knowledge holders to support how you sustain your wellbeing alongside your online presence